The Kia e-Niro has arrived!
Posted on 3rd June 2019 - by EVision - The Latest EV News
Finally! The new Kia e-Niro has arrived yesterday at EVision Electric Car Hire and it was definitely worth the wait! The new sleek car has won the WhatCar? Car of the year award for this year (winning the electric car tier and the overall winner) and is one of the new favourites in the electric car market. There is already a waiting list for this car till the end of 2020 and EVision Electric Car Hire is the sole owner of the Kia e-Niro in the South East region!
Not only does the Kia e-Niro come with the full benefits of having an electric car such as reducing emission, it is also a very stylish and contemporary vehicle.
With beautiful blue accents on the vehicle, the Kia e- Niro is finished off with a polished look; having vents at the side of the car to help the airo- dynamics. The whole car is made in a way to create that smooth surface for the wind to sweep right off the vehicle. The car comes in Silky Silver, being the standard colour and then in; Gravity Blue, White Pearl, Midnight Black and Graphite all being premium colours.
The interior on the other hand is modern and easy to understand. Everything is logically placed and updated; having a futuristic center console. The rotating dial allows you to change the gears of the car to; reverse, neutral, drive and pressing the center button to park. Having all the normal features of a car such as; the AC, connecting your phone (all the door switches you can possibly imagine!) the car also comes with a good equipment list:
- You have the automatic cruise control with radar, which keeps you at a safe distance to the car in front.
- The auto steer to keep you in the lane (very useful for those long journeys!)
- Electric adjustment for the driver’s seat.
- The passenger's seat, the driver's seat and the steering wheel can be heated. Great for the winter!
- There are JBL speakers to create your own fantastic musical in the car with good music.
- There are front and rear parking sensors coming with a reversing camera presented on the dash.
- There is also an 7” touch screen that comes with; Tom Tom Satellite Navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
With a lot of storage space that comes with the Kia e- Niro, there are multitudes of room to adjust the seats and the steering wheel, still having enough space in the back for more passengers.
The Kia e-Niro is in between the quintessential height of a tall SUV and a normal hatchback, so you don’t have to be a ‘hunch-back’ when getting into the car. Having an even larger trunk space, with foldable rear seats, this is the perfect car to hire for a nice get-away with the family.
Speed and Range
The Kia e-Niro has 3 main modes. The first being; Sport, the second; Eco and the third; Normal. With the Sport mode, this can accommodate your need for speed having very fast acceleration and an amazing responsive time. In this mode, the traction is effortless, being very helpful for those tight corners.
As you are using more energy in Sport mode, the range of the car will likely be less as it is vastly consuming. However, the drive is extremely smooth and has instant torque.
The Eco mode is brilliant for the environment helping you cover the maximum miles of the car. Although the car has a difference in speed, there is enough amazing features in the car to keep you entertained!
Then you have the Normal mode in the Kia e-Niro. The range will differ depending how you drive the car. The 64kWh battery is designed for longer distance journeys of up to 282 miles but the speed at which it is driven and the features you are using in the car can make this number vary.
3 Quick cool facts to know:
- The car emits a futuristic humming noise from the front. This is to warn pedestrians that the Kia e-Niro is around.
- It has some super unique features! You can set your planned departure time and the Kia e-Niro preheats the cabin before you enter. How cool is that?!
- The Kia e-Niro logs how much carbon dioxide you’ve saved compared to a normal combustion engine car. Doesn’t that make you feel great about driving one of these!
This is probably one of the most important cars for Kia as it is extremely economical promoting a positive change for the environment. The 200 horse-power electric motor has pushed the battery power to new heights, leading the pack into a new force.
The All-New Kia e-Niro offers next-generation regenerative braking. It allows you to choose between different regenerative braking modes to suit the conditions and your style in driving. (Kinetic energy is produced when decelerating or coming to a stop and it is then captured and turned into electricity. This in turn is used to help recharge the battery.)
This car can be charged via AC and DC creating a bigger range for the charging point. You can practically go anywhere with this car and know that your back is covered when it eventually comes to vehicle charging.
This really is the perfect car to hire and if you are interested or have any enquiries then please contact us at EVision Electric Car Hire on 01634 914063.